Monday, July 23, 2007

Dr. Bob Dolittle


For the past couple of months I have had to take a hard look at what I want to accomplish in life. I like my new job, but it will not be the job that I retire from. I have had go in the political realm, and I am not willing to sacrifice my standards on sacrificial idealigoies. These have been weighing hard on my mind, and I felt is was time to pursue a profession that I wanted to be when I was a child. I am returning to school to become a Veterinarian. I do have my Bachelors degree, but the prerequisites for the DMV require a lot more science and math than my Political Science degree required. So, starting in late August, I am a student again. Kristi has been very optimistic and supportive about this discussion. In all I should have my DVM in about six years. I hope to attend Colorado State University's Vet program. It should be a fun ride! Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Aimee said...

Bob - that is so cool. The best decision you can make is to follow your heart. Thats sounds cheesy but I mean it. You will be so much happier in life. Good luck!

kerry and cecilia said...

Bob that is great! That should be a lot of fun and if it feels right it probably is. Good luck brother!

Kerry

EmF said...

That is AWESOME Bob!! I think you would make a great vet and I bet it would be a great career. Did I ever tell you that I cleaned a vet clinic for one of my jobs in Rexburg? That wasn't so fun, but that won't be the part you have to do anyway! So exciting. Good luck!!

Em

Danny said...

Bob, My Heck!!

Danny said...

Dude, Bob, isn't it time for an update? U staying at the ADAidm while going to school?

hannah said...

GOOD LUCK BOB!!!
IT HAS BEEN GREAT GETTING TO KNOW YOU THROUGH WORK AND, ALTHOUGH I WILL MISS YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE, I AM ALWAYS IMPRESSED WITH THE PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE RISK TO FOLLOW THEIR DREAMS!!!